A student who has fulfilled all the academic requirements may be granted the MSBS degree provided the student:
- Is not on probation or suspension and has completed all prescribed academic requirements with a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher and has no grade below C- and no outstanding grade of “IN,” or “U;” A 1.67 (C-) grade earned in any class may be applied toward graduation only if the cumulative grade point average at the time of application for graduation continues at a minimum of 3.00 (B);
- Has passed the comprehensive final exam with a 70% or higher;
- Has met the MSBS Non-Academic Criteria;
- Has complied with all curricular, legal, and financial requirements of the University; and,
- Has attended in person and participated in the Commencement ceremony at which time the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences degree is conferred; Unless the Program Director has granted special permission, each student must participate in the commencement ceremony. Requests for excusal will only be granted for extenuating circumstances, such as a prior military commitment, or death in the family.
Degrees are not awarded solely upon the completion of any prescribed number of courses, or upon passing a prescribed number of examinations, but, in addition, when the faculty believes the student has attained sufficient maturity of thought and proficiency. Matriculation and enrollment does not guarantee the issuance of a degree without satisfactorily meeting the aforementioned curriculum and degree requirements.