The mission of the Rocky Vista University Physician Assistant Program is to prepare clinically competent, collaborative, and compassionate physician assistants to provide primary care.
Goals / Strategic Priorities
The Program strives to:
- Equip graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to evaluate and manage primary care presentations at a level of competence that allows for indirect supervision.
- Prepare graduates to work collaboratively in interprofessional environments.
- Train graduates to provide compassionate medical care to diverse patient populations and in a variety of clinical settings.
- Promote life-long learning skills.
- Promote student success and program completion.
Current data regarding progression toward meeting these goals can be found on the RVU PA Program webpage.
RVU Physician Assistant Program Graduate Competencies
The RVU PA Program has adapted professional competencies from those utilized by the following medical education organizations: AAPA, ARC-PA, NCCPA, PAEA, AAMC, NBOME and AACOM. The Program has identified those competencies that will be measured throughout student training and placed them into the appropriate Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs). This allows for clear identification of student expectations as well as a mechanism to evaluate student progression toward competence. The RVU PA program provides educational experiences to support student development of requisite knowledge, skills, and attitudes corresponding with competence in each of the EPAs.
The complete list of competencies are found on the website.