A student who has fulfilled all the academic requirements may be granted the MSBS degree provided the student:
- Is not on probation or suspension and has completed all prescribed academic requirements with a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher and has no grade below C- and no outstanding grade of “IN,” or “WIP;”
- Has passed the comprehensive final exam with a 70% or higher;
- Has met the MSBS Non-Academic Criteria;
- Has complied with all curricular, legal, and financial requirements of the University; and,
- Has attended in person and participated in the Commencement ceremony at which time the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences degree is conferred. Unless the Program Director has granted special permission, each student must participate in the commencement ceremony. Requests for excusal will only be granted for extenuating circumstances, such as a prior military commitment, or death in the family.
Matriculation and enrollment does not guarantee the issuance of a degree without satisfactorily meeting the aforementioned curriculum and degree requirements.