(Available at both campus locations)
To be considered for admission to the MSBS program, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- US citizen or permanent resident. The program will also consider International Students with demonstrated English Language Proficiency.
- An earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Completion of all prerequisite coursework with a grade of ‘C’ or better;*
- An overall GPA minimum of 2.60 (on a 4.0 scale);
- Official standardized test scores: GRE, MCAT, PCAT, or DAT;
- Completed application via PostBacCAS** and a $50 supplemental application fee;
- Resume including all relevant volunteer and paid work experience, along with service and leadership activities;
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from a pre-health advisor or committee and another from a healthcare professional who can attest to the candidate’s suitability to attend a graduate program in the biomedical sciences. If the candidate attends a school that does not have a pre-health advisor or does not offer a letter-writing service, the candidate may substitute a letter from a basic science faculty member.
International students: RVUCOM may consider international applicants. Demonstrated English language proficiency is required; preference will be given to applicants who have previously attended a regionally-accredited college or university in the US.
- Biology with lab: 8 semester hours
- General chemistry with lab: 8 semester hours
- Organic chemistry with lab: 8 semester hours
- Physics: 8 semester hours
- English composition or Literature: 6 semester hours
- Social or behavioral sciences: 6 semester hours
MSBS graduates accepted to RVUCOM will be exempt from the COM’s biochemistry requirement.
**All prospective applicants must apply through PostBacCAS.