(Colorado and Utah Locations)
After receiving the initial offer of provisional admission to the COM, candidates must fulfill the conditions set forth in the matriculation agreement including:
- Payment of three non-refundable deposits totaling $2,000 on or prior to the date designated in the matriculation agreement. RVUCOM follows the guidelines set forth by the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM). Deposits will be applied to tuition upon matriculation.
- Receipt of transcripts from all colleges/universities attended verifying that all prerequisite coursework has been completed and a minimum of a bachelor’s degree has been earned from (or equivalent to) a U.S. regionally accredited college or university. RVUCOM will accept transcripts submitted as part of the AACOMAS application. In the event of an earned degree isn’t posted prior to matriculation, written verification is required from the student’s current university registrar must be received confirming that all requirements for graduation have been met and indicating when the degree will be posted on the transcript. Official transcripts must be sent to RVUCOM’s Office of Admissions as soon as the degree is posted. In the event of course work completed at foreign institutions, an official detailed course by course evaluation completed by an approved agency must be submitted. Official evaluations must be included with the AACOMAS application and, in the case of a degree earned, the evaluation must reflect that the degree is equivalent to a degree earned at a regionally accredited US college or university.
- Successful passage of a drug screen and background check. Both services are to be scheduled and managed through PreCheck, and are to be completed by the dates specified on the matriculation agreement. An applicant who has a deficiency or abnormality discovered on either screening will be referred to a sub-committee for further investigation.
- Completion of required medical and immunization documents to be scheduled and managed through SentryMD and to be completed by the dates specified on the matriculation agreement.
- Enrollment in the medical insurance plan provided by the University or submission of a waiver demonstrating proof of comparable coverage.
- Any other requirements set forth in the matriculation agreement.