The University upholds the highest standards of academic excellence. Each student has certain rights and responsibilities, including the following:
- Personal and intellectual freedom;
- Respect for the equal rights and dignity of all University community members;
- Dedication to the scholarly and educational purposes of the University;
- Participation in promoting and ensuring the academic quality and credibility of the institution; and
- Responsibility to comply with the legal and ethical standards of the University, the professional organizations and institutions with which it has partnered with the ethical standards of healthcare professions, as well as those of the local authorities, the state and national laws, and applicable rules and regulations.
As a general policy standard, a Preponderance of Evidence standard will be applied to all University investigations. Under the preponderance standard, the burden of proof is met when the party with the burden convinces the fact-finder that there is a greater than 50% chance that the claim is true.